Lead Preschool/Toddler Teacher
School Year 2024 - 2025
We build joyful communities connected to each other and to their outdoor environments through discovery and play. We believe that children are intrinsically motivated to learn, and that they do so by exploring the world around them. This is the right opportunity for an experienced nature-based early childhood educator who enjoys teaching outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Locations: Boston, Milton, Malden, Sherborn, and Sudbury (we will let you know which positions are currently open at your preferred location)
- Teaching hours are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Teachers also receive 5 hours/week of planning time, for a total of 20 hours/week.
- Calendar: September through June, with breaks and holidays similar to public schools.
- Compensation: The position is salaried at a starting rate equivalent to $23 - $27/hour, with paid time off for breaks and holidays
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Nurture the spirit and curiosity of each child while building strong relationships with families and children. Use a nature-based and child-centered approach.
- Be responsible for the health and safety of each child. Manage risk in an outdoor setting.
- Develop engaging nature-based early childhood curriculum that connects children with one another and with nature. Explore varied terrain, make music and art, and learn about local flora and fauna.
- Ensure that your supplies and class meet-up spot are prepared before families arrive at drop-off.
- Gracefully and professionally communicate with parents, caregivers, and the general public
- Communicate with families and document children’s growth and learning on a daily basis through ProCare
- Supervise interns
- Attend occasional evening/weekend trainings and staff meetings
- Complete EEC licensure requirements in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in nature-based early childhood education
- Strong classroom management skills and ability to maintain a safe learning environment
- Passion for environmental education and anti-bias education
- Ability to stimulate the inherent curiosity children have about their surroundings, and expand on it with emergent and place-based curriculum
- Embrace a wide variety of weather conditions as unique and interesting, part of the ebb and flow of the natural rhythm and seasonal changes
- Engaging and easily able to communicate with children, families, and colleagues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eager to work at a nonprofit start-up. Tolerant of uncertainty and change and understand that organizations continue to improve when the people who work there are adaptable, take chances, and learn from their mistakes.
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
- Hiring is rolling. Please apply at your earliest convenience.
- Successful reference and background checks are required.
- Candidates who add to our diverse community are encouraged to apply.
- Boston Outdoor Preschool Network is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.