Start: January 2023
Salary: $55,000-$60,000 + full benefits
Reports to: Chief Development Officer (CDO)
William Way LGBT Community Center seeks an experienced development professional to help lead the Center’s fundraising and Development efforts. The Development Manager (DM) will work alongside the Communications and Events Manager (CEM) and supervise the Development and Community Engagement Specialist (DCES) and Contracted Development Associate.
- Coordinate fundraising activities to ensure consistency within the larger scope of goals, strategic plans, and organizational structure;
- Solicit contributions from corporations, foundations, government bodies, and individuals;
- Oversee external communications designed to support fundraising efforts;
- Ensure all necessary record keeping and donor communication happens in an accurate and timely manner;
- Provide a strong leadership presence for Center staff.
- Collaborate with departments to identify fundable projects fitting organizational strategies;
- Consult with departments on grant research, proposal development and project management;
- In collaboration with CDO, write, edit and critique proposal drafts. Responsible for the timely completion of all grant applications within the grants calendar;
- Cultivate relationships with foundations;
- Create and maintain required reporting to funding sources on the status of projects and the appropriation and use of funds;
- Create grant development resources for the organization and educate staff members about grants.
- Execute special cultivation and fundraising events; responsible annually for: Indigo Ball, Pride Run, Cornerstone Brunch, Board House Parties and all on-line fundraising efforts (in partnership with CDO and Communications and Events Manager);
- Assists the Development and Community Engagement Specialist with the Your Way breakfast;
- Manage and implement all ERG visits/programs to the Center. Work with the management team to identify projects for ERG visits;
- In coordination with the Communications and Events Manager, serve on event committees;
- Lead event planning with Communications and Event Manager and CDO.
- Provide regular reports to management, staff and solicitors on the success of fundraising from grants and events using the development software, SalesForce;
- Represent WWCC at workplace events and other speaking engagements;
- Prepare financial progress reports and budgets for the CDO and ED;
- Act as Salesforce Administrator for the organization;
- Coordinate or assist with outreach efforts as determined by the CDO;
- Work with the Committee Chair, prepare an agenda for the Resource Development Committee and attend meetings, schedule permitting;
- Manage donor data entry and donor recognition;
- Work at major events as requested;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Deep belief in the core value of collective liberation and the mission of the William Way LGBT Community Center.
- Knowledge and understanding of the funding community;
- Passionate learner who is motivated to take on new challenges.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Comfort, knowledge and expertise utilizing Google applications, Salesforce, Mail Chimp, Squarespace, Wordpress, Adobe Suite, social media platforms (especially Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Tiktok) and other new media platforms
- Experienced in and comfortable with public speaking
- Proven organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and produce high quality results quickly and on time;
- Past experience supporting staff.
- At least 3 years of relevant development experience, or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience with and understanding of Salesforce CRM;
- A willingness and excitement to work with a growing Development Team;
- Strong strategic thinking skills with an ability to use data to make decisions and to translate strategy to action;
- Ability to represent WWCC independently to potential donors and make compelling asks;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Experience working with diverse constituencies;
- Access to transportation to visit with donors and prospects.
- Available for occasional work events on weekends and evenings.
Benefits include: pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible work hours, employer-sponsored retirement plan, full medical and dental, medical flex spending account, pre-tax commuter benefits, professional development support, generous PTO, and generous paid holiday time including an additional paid week off between Christmas and New Years.
William Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status covered by federal, state or local law. All employment related decisions are made on the basis of skills, ability, experience, education, training, and other legitimate factors related to the requirements of the specific position for which the applicant is being considered
To apply for this position please upload resume, cover letter and work sample to https://forms.gle/B7P4GbSGhdKLVMyDA. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning December 5, 2022 until the position is filled. Early applications encouraged.
If you have questions please contact Erin Busbee at [email protected] with the subject line - Development Manager Inquiry.