The LGBT Center of Raleigh’s mission is to serve, empower, and advocate for the well-being of
our diverse LGBTQ+ communities. The Center seeks a Grant Writer experienced in writing
successful proposals for nonprofit funding.
● Secure $250,000+ in grants for the Center
● Research potential grant opportunities
● Prepare several drafts using persuasive language and facts about the Center to explain
why they should receive funding and how they would use the money.
● Communicate with the Executive Director to confirm interest in collaborating with the
Center offering the grant.
● Coordinate meetings with the Executive Director and Staff for input
● Submit grant applications on behalf of the Center
Scope of Work:
● Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs and financial needs of the organization.
● Research grant award opportunities from government and non-government agencies.
● Draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization.
● Submit proposals to grant coordinators for approval.
● Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
● Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders.
● Maintain records and submit reports related to grant opportunities.
Evaluation Metrics and Criteria
● Previous experience/past performance writing grants;
● Submission of a proposed plan of approach
● Experience and technical expertise
Submission Requirements: ● Brief cover letter, resume and/or CV, proposed salary range, and brief plan of approach to [email protected]
To serve, empower, and advocate for the well-being of our diverse LGBTQ+ communities.
We envision an inclusive world where LGBTQ+ people are thriving, equal, and valued members of society.
TRIANGLE RESIDENTIAL OPTIONS FOR SUBSTANCE ABUSERS, INC.