Desert Foothills Library
The only donation-supported public library in Maricopa County, Desert Foothills Library is nestled in the foothills of the town Cave Creek and is a dynamic and beloved community asset. The Library offers free memberships to all Maricopa County residents and thrives because of individual community members’ generous financial support. With 20,000 square feet of books, audiovisual materials, a large used bookstore, meeting and study rooms, a demonstration kitchen, a beautiful patio with mountain views and much more, the Library is a wonderful place to relax, visit with friends and to work. Innovative and creative staff host more than 2,500 programs a year and more than 100 community members give their time as volunteers to ensure patrons get personalized, friendly service.
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the Data Administrator this position will build and manage fundraising activities. This position requires knowledge of fundraising principles and requires experience working with donor databases, managing events, writing fundraising copy, writing and managing grants and analyzing and preparing data and reports. The Director of Development shall have a high degree of comfort presenting strategic updates to the Board of Directors. Additional skills in marketing, communications and branding preferred. The successful candidate will be internal and external customer-centric with excellent communication skills. Some weekends and evenings required.
· Lead the effort to develop short and long-term fundraising goals, strategies, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to expand funding from existing donors and build a strong pipeline of new funders.
· In partnership with the Executive Director, the Board and key Board committees develop and manage the fundraising budget.
· Ensure best practice use of analytics, data and metrics to forecast and track progress and success of fundraising goals, strategies and tactics.
· Partner with other staff to ensure efficient flow of communication about key program goals and fundraising opportunities.
· Collaborate with Executive Director and Management Team to ensure an integrated and compelling approach to communications and marketing strategies to support fundraising outcomes, including events, annual reports, presentations, press releases, newsletters, etc.
· Work with Board Advancement Committee and Executive Director to create strategic events to enhance organization standing and brand with key stakeholders.
· Plan and execute with Board Advancement Committee online and in-person fundraising events throughout the year.
· Meet with major donor prospects.
· Maximize the utility of Bloomerang, website, Mail Chimp, social media, research and analytics. Ensure fundraising activities are carried out in keeping with the Library’s values, mission, vision and plans.
· Ensure the right tools and systems are in place to support the fundraising work of the Executive Director and Board.
· Nurture a culture of excellence, learning and continuous improvement.
· Manage a team of volunteers that assist with events, gift processing and mailings.
· Research, apply for and manage grants.
The ideal candidate will share the Desert Foothills Library’s commitment to its mission and will bring a broad range of skills and experience including but not limited to:
· Knowledge and experience in all aspects of philanthropy, including giving trends, benchmarks, and best practices; research; fundraising techniques and strategies; data analytics; and development operations such as gift processing, donor database management, prospect and donor research, and fundraising reporting.
· Experience in marketing, communication and branding.
· Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems (CRM’s) specifically Bloomerang
· Commitment to providing excellent internal and external customer experiences.
· Experience planning and executing large events.
· Energy, initiative, creativity, and drive; ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment and manage/supervise multiple projects to meet timelines and deadlines.
· Excellent spoken and written communications skills; goal-oriented and close attention to detail.
· High comfort level with improving systems, analyzing data, and using data and metrics as management tools.
· Track record of successfully establishing and nurturing effective working relationships with organization leadership, Board members, donors, prospects, and staff.
· Experience supervising staff and/or volunteers.
· Have a valid AZ driver’s license.
· The person employed by Desert Foothills Library as its Fundraiser shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by DFL, regardless of whether the employee is approved for remote work.
· Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree
· Certification desired: Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE)
· Five years of professional fund raising experience with proven record of exceeding fundraising targets
Salary & Benefits
$80,000 – $90,000
Competitive benefits package including medical insurance, matching 401k and vacation.
As Arizona’s only non-profit, independent library, you will have the unique ability to innovate quickly and create meaningful and personalized experiences for residents.
Please send a letter of interest and current resume to Dr. Debra J Lay, Executive Director: [email protected]
Accepting applicants until filled
Maricopa Community Colleges Foundation