The California Pan-Ethnic Health Network (CPEHN) is seeking a full-time Senior Research Manager. CPEHN is a statewide health policy organization focused on addressing racial and ethnic health disparities. CPEHN works closely with communities of color across the state to elevate local voices and health issues to state and local policymakers and help communities of color advance policy change and structural reform that creates equitable conditions for their communities. This position may be based anywhere in California. CPEHN maintains physical offices in Oakland and Sacramento and has a hybrid work policy (air travel required). CPEHN has a mandatory up-to-date COVID-19 vaccine policy.
The Senior Research Manager is responsible for managing overall research efforts, both qualitative and quantitative, and will have research and data analysis experience from the conception of a project through results dissemination. Specifically, developing research questions; identification, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of publicly available health datasets; supporting policy research; evaluation of health equity measures and internal activities; and being a thought partner on strategic research opportunities. We are looking for someone to join our team who is passionate about health equity and working with communities of color. This is a unique opportunity for someone that can advance the depth and scope of CPEHN’s research through a strong health equity lens while creating content as part of a team working to promote health equity for California’s communities of color.
Key Job Duties:
• Execute the development, implementation and overall management of CPEHN’s Research and Data strategy
• Work with the leadership team to develop a short-term and long-term research and data workplan based on strategic goals
• Work closely with research, grants and policy staff to support organization-wide research activities including data collection, evaluations, and other qualitative and quantitative analyses
• Draft documents and work collaboratively with staff, especially communications, to publish and disseminate research findings
• Participate in meetings, webinars, and conferences to stay informed of relevant data changes (e.g., disaggregation, equity metrics)
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills grounded through an equity lens
• Communicate effectively, persuasively and professionally, in both written and verbal forms, with a wide range of individuals, and organizations
• Strong time-management skills, including prioritization of multiple projects with conflicting deadlines
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can work independently with minimal supervision
• Cultural humility and ability to understand issues impacting all communities of color
• At least 3-5 years of research experience on health, health care and/or public health related topics including an intersectional approach to health equity
• At least 3-5 years of research-related project management experience
• 1-2 years of programming (e.g., R, SPSS, SAS, STATA) or data visualization (e.g., Excel/Microsoft BI, Tableau, ArcGIS) skills preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
$80,500 - $82,500. At CPEHN, we understand the importance of benefits and how they contribute to the overall well-being of our staff. We provide excellent benefits (100% employer paid health and dental insurance, up to 10% employer retirement contributions, sabbatical leave, generous PTO with 1 week winter holiday every year, frontloaded sick leave, and more). CPEHN provides all employees with professional development funds to grow and hone skills relevant to their work.
We center equity at the heart of our culture, which can be seen in our hiring, salary transparency, and our commitment to the growth of our staff. We pride ourselves in uplifting a healthy work-life balance, which includes monthly “Slow Fridays” to encourage our team to take vacation, weekly “Fun Time,” and annual “Fun Days” set aside to allow break time and opportunity for fun, and a flexible hybrid work schedule that is largely remote.
Submit your application in a single PDF document to [email protected], subject: Senior Research Manager Application. Please include:
• Cover letter
• 1 writing sample based on quantitative analysis (no longer than 4 pages).
Oregon State University Extension Service Outdoor School
Consortium for Energy Efficiency