Media Services and Graphic Design Specialist
This position is responsible for managing The Foundation for Natural Resources and Energy Law's (the Foundation’s) media services and related technology resources, including audio mixing, audio recording, projection, lighting, video recording, video production, webinar and podcast production, and the acquisition of new tools and equipment, technology support, training, and maintenance. The position is also responsible for creating and developing graphics for illustrations, logos, websites, and other media, and for handling website and social media site maintenance, upgrades, and changes at the direction of the Associate Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Media Services and Graphic Design Specialist’s primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Manage Media Services
· Ensure audio visual crews and needed audio visual equipment is procured or rented for courses and conferences, transported to sites, and ready for installation.
· Handle setup, takedown, and operation of audio-visual technology at conferences.
· Ensure audio visual equipment is properly installed and in working order before courses and conferences begin.
· Ensure PowerPoint and other presentation media are properly formatted and ready for play-back before courses and conferences begin, including working with speakers to address special requests, such as for videos embedded in PowerPoints.
· Operate and/or supervise all audio visual operations at courses, conferences, webinars, and other presentations, including sound systems, video recording, audio recording, and PowerPoint or other visual presentations.
· Fulfill requests for webinar, podcast, blog, social media, and other media filming, production, editing, pod cast recording, media retrieval and broadcast operations.
· Ensure owned audio visual equipment is regularly maintained and in good working operation and properly tracked in inventory
Provide Graphic Design Support
· Work with the Associate Director to maintain consistent brand standards for all print and electronic media.
· Create images that identify a product or convey a message.
· Develop graphics for product illustrations, logos, the website, and social media platforms.
· Design templates for conference brochures, promotional postcards, advertising pieces, and marketing presentations.
· Design templates and formats for registrants’ manuals for conferences.
· Design and format manuals as stand-alone publications.
· Design and format electronic publications.
· Design and update the Publications Catalog.
· Design and format the Membership Directory.
· Maintain the stock of print, audio, and electronic publications for sale.
· Design and format websites.
Website and Technology Resources
Coordinate Personal Development
Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director or the Executive Director.
Media Services and Technical Experience
· One to five years of media services experience.
· Knowledge of effective daily technology operations management and maintenance.
· Exceptional customer service skills.
· Excellent judgment and responsiveness.
· Experience in working with external technical contractors.
· Experience with database software; experience with customer relationship management software preferred.
· Knowledge of effective use, setup, and maintenance of audio-visual equipment and resources.
· Understanding of how to incorporate branding and graphic design concepts into electronic material effectively
· Some experience in formatting and designing electronic materials to meet the needs of different audiences
· Proven ability to make effective graphic design decisions and to develop effective templates for others to use
· Ability to identify opportunities, take initiative, and be adaptable and resilient.
· Ability to avoid conflicts or stalemates.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Self-starter; ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects and meet deadlines.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Professional with ability to be discreet with confidential and sensitive issues.
· Undergraduate degree preferred; high school diploma and/or technical certification required.
· Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, and Microsoft office tools; ability to learn new software tools quickly.
· Experience with different social media platforms and tools, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
The Foundation for Natural Resources and Energy Law is an educational, non-profit organization dedicated to the scholarly and practical study of all aspects of natural resources and energy law. We value collegiality and bring together lawyers, professionals, academics, and students to learn and network in a supportive environment where all participants are valued.
The Foundation for Natural Resources and Energy Law