This position provides management and oversight of the organization’s relational database and is the primary administrator. The right individual for this position can ensure data integrity on a consistent basis, and provide appropriate access to the data for the various end-users.
The position effectively completes data-related fundraising, finance, and communications functions and analysis within the life and faith tradition of St. Bartholomew’s Church in the City of New York. Fundraising activities focus on mailing list creation, reporting, donation/pledge data-entry, gift acknowledgement, receipting, operational event support, and overall stewardship of donors and supporters, within a faith community that practices open hearts, open minds, and open arms.
· Participate in St. Barts’s development, finance, and communications operations, with an eye for accuracy, consistency, clarity, and strong customer-service in support of efficient, effective operational practice and positive donor experience.
· Receive, enter, and manage donations and pledges using Raiser’s Edge.
· Receive calls from and respond to donor inquiries related to gift entry, gift acknowledgement, and giving summaries; resolve questions.
· Create and produce solicitation and acknowledgement letters, and giving statements.
· Produce gift reports and giving summaries by month, event, and program.
· Produce departmental and parish reports; create new reports that capture and reflect giving trends.
· Compile mailing lists, produce materials, and complete mailings.
Management and Operations
· Review database service upgrades, additions, and patches.
· Collaborate with the IT Manager to make recommendations for system changes and tools for leadership.
· Develop efficient and effective protocols and maintain data integrity on a consistent basis.
· Document protocols for data entry, reporting, security, and periodic maintenance.
· Work with the IT Manager to assign appropriate level user access and ensure the system’s security.
· Maintain financial and organizational assets commonly used.
· Assist with retrieving data for use in publications, including the annual report and other relevant publications.
· Attend events and serve alongside the Director of Stewardship & Development, as staff to events, including planning, executing, and logistic coordination of catering, seating/breakout rooms, awards, guest support, and program.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Minimum of three years of experience in an office setting. preferably in data management
· Strong technology skills that relate to database management.
· Strong working knowledge of CRM software, preferably Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge; experience with adding, updating, merging records.
· Microsoft Office proficient; with highly proficient skills in Excel.
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000