Membership Program Coordinator
Great Old Broads for Wilderness seeks a detail-oriented and enthusiastic part-time Membership Program Coordinator to join our small, but mighty-fun team to assist in leading our efforts to grow and retain members. Do you thrive when it comes to reporting and analysis, database management, and strategic development, while also being a “people person” who loves to get involved in community outreach? Then we want to hear from you!
The Membership Program Coordinator works closely with the Development Director to oversee the Broads’ membership program and assists in leading team efforts to grow and retain members. Activities include reporting and analysis, database management, community outreach, and strategy development. This person is responsible for helping to increase membership through recruitment and retention efforts, increase sustaining members, and provide member research support for fundraising campaigns. This position reports to the Development Director and is based out of the national office in Durango, CO.
Membership Program and Database Management
- Manage Neon CRM database and lead staff in learning best practices for using the database; run reports and searches, manage duplicates, and keep the database updated.
- Assist in leading the Membership Committee in developing and implementing strategies to increase membership participation, member engagement, and retention.
- Analyze membership trends to evaluate current strategies.
- Welcome new members through calls and emails, and connect them with local chapter leaders.
- Make calls regarding membership renewal, thank you and lapsed membership.
- Recruit and welcome diverse members, as part of the implementation of a Diversity, Equity, and Justice plan.
- Manage Broads’ database, running reports, updating information, and analysis.
- Work with Grassroots Leadership Program to support new member data-tracking.
- Generate mailing lists and other contact lists as needed for the Communications team.
- Work with communications staff to plan membership promotion efforts (print and online).
- Work with communications to develop content for annual membership renewal campaigns, system emails to cultivate members, website content, emails, and other membership materials.
- Manage member renewal outreach and new member recruitment processes.
Administrative & Other
- Coordinate office presence and opening/closing duties with Operations Manager.
- Answer incoming phone calls.
- Learning how to do all aspects of administrative work related to membership.
- Other duties as assigned/needed.
- Two years in membership management preferred, but willing to train the right individual.
- Excels at working with people in person and on the phone; strong oral and written communication skills
- NEON CRM or related database management experience required, including running queries, data analysis, and strategy development.
- Ability to develop specific goals and plans to achieve maximum outcomes.
- Self-motivated team player who is creative and resourceful.
- Organized, with keen attention to detail and schedules.
- Track record of growing and evaluating success of programs.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects under deadline.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with Google Tools (Calendar, Gmail, Groups and Docs) and web-based research.
- Passion for wilderness and natural affinity for Broads’ attitude, demographic, grassroots commitment, and kick ass approach.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Work Schedule and Compensation
- This position is a 20 hr/week part time, non-exempt position based in Durango, CO. Salary: $20 – $25/hour, depending on experience.
- Broads honors work/life balance and flexibility.
- This position will work in the Durango office.
- Eligible for outdoor retailer discounts
- Opportunity to join a close-knit, fun-loving, hard-working team committed to public lands.
- Great Old Broads for Wilderness is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ( https://www.greatoldbroads.org/diversity-equity-and-inclusivity-values/)
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter, a writing sample that relates to membership, and three references from previous employers to [email protected]. Position will be open until filled.
Great Old Broads for Wilderness is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified candidates for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.