The Pittsburgh Zoo and Aquarium connects people to wildlife, inspiring our communities to conserve nature for future generations.
The Corporate Relations/Sponsorships Coordinator builds and maintains alliances with corporations and organizations to seek and secure funding that advances the Zoo’s mission. This funding would be through outright gifts, grants and sponsorships.
Essential Job Functions:
· Generates revenue by identifying, securing, and managing corporate gifts and sponsorships for the Zoo’s community events, on-site and digital marketing opportunities, educational programs, guest experiences and other partnerships.
· Collaborates with Marketing and other Zoo departments to maintain a comprehensive inventory of gift and sponsorship opportunities with appropriately defined marketing benefits.
· Develops customizable sponsorship proposal templates, cross-promotional agreements, and promotional copy in coordination with Marketing and Creative Services.
· Manages fulfillment of all sponsorship agreements, which includes extensive tracking, logistical analysis and coordination with other departments. With the Marketing Department anticipates and meets sponsor needs.
· Provides excellent customer service, fostering long-term relationships for continued partnerships.
· Prepares timely sponsorship reports including attendance data and marketing collateral for clients and internal records.
· Conducts market research to identify and strategize local, regional, and national business opportunities and giving trends.
· Monitors sponsorship budget.
· Identifies and pursues in-kind donation opportunities.
· Works as an integral member of the Development team other projects and duties as assigned.
1. Meets or exceeds sponsorship goals: Employee can be depended to meet or exceed the annual goals for the year. Employee will look to expand relationships and open opportunities for the Zoo.
2. Attendance and Dependability: Employee can be depended on to report to work at their regular scheduled times. Employee will complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner. Employee takes pride in their work and is conscientious about assignment.
3. Communication and Contact: Employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with all individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society.
4. Relationships with Others: Employee works effectively and relates well with others inside and outside the Zoological Society. Employee exhibits a professional demeanor in dealing with all and works on being a part of the team.
A Bachelor’s degree in Fundraising, Marketing or a related field is preferred with a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience. Background and proven success in fundraising, nonprofits, sponsorships is preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
1. Manual Dexterity of operate office machinery such as personal computer, telephone, copier, etc.
2. The position is primarily sedentary, working in an office environment.
3. The position involves walking in the Zoo Park when taking prospective clients on tours. (Including during season changes).
4. Position may require local or out of city travel.
5. Position may require work on evenings weekends or holidays.
The Pittsburgh Zoo & Aquarium is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Send resumes to [email protected].