We are seeking a Finance Officer that supervises and is fully engaged in the ongoing accounting procedures relative to the operation of Senior Services and finance department staff. Maintains formal accounting systems to ensure timely and accurate preparation and distribution of financial and operational reports. As part of the Leadership Team, the Financial Officer builds conditions and executes a strategy for growth and continued leadership across the agency. Position helps drive vision, values, and culture across the agency.
Education, Experience, Training:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA or MBA preferred. Minimum of 10 years of experience with general accounting and supervision of staff. 3-5 years’ experience as Finacial Officer or equivalent preferred. Experience in preparing and analyzing financial systems and reports, information and budgets. Nonprofit finance experience preferred. Experience with Federal government grants preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
· Excellent communication, management and supervisory skills
· Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and various accounting software packages
· Knowledge of not-for-profit financial practices, activities and principles
· Experience with ADP Payroll Processing Software a plus
· Ability to learn and utilize a variety of software – MIP Accounting, Serv Tracker, ARMS Statewide Database, and Insurance filing systems – Medicaid and Veteran Administration.
· Experience with Federal Grant report systems such as Grant Solutions and Payment Management System.
Flexibility to work a hybrid schedule.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation