The Scholarship Administrator will serve as the point of contact between applicants, future recipients and the internal stake holders including the ED, Operations Manager and scholarship review committee. The person in this role will assist with questions related to the application process, coordinate the materials needed for the review committee and handle timelines, and outbound communications with applicants, denied applicants and recipients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Internal and External Point person for all incoming scholarship applications.
· Responsible on an on-going basis for assessing applications to determine receipt of all necessary information.
· Applicant outreach for needed materials prior to deadline.
· Internal recommendations based on Medicare, Insurance or other benefit experience that may be applicable.
· Ensures timely and thorough documentation and communication with applicants throughout the application and review process.
· Collaborates with Operations Manager and Executive Director to continuously assess and improve application process and communications.
· Contributes to ongoing program evaluation and insurance efforts.
· Supports the outreach to begin the connection process of welcoming new recipients to the VVF Community.
· Responsible for scheduling virtual communications, writing agreement letters and overseeing the intake process to begin scholarship program with each recipient.
· Ensures timely documentation and reporting of outreach efforts via database.
· Responsible for assembling and distributing new recipient packages.
· Develop an on-going check in process with recipients.
Internal Execution & Oversight of Scholarship
· Tracking invoice payments
· Vendor connection and relationships
· Opening next scholarship application cycle
Education & Related Work Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree or Five years professional experience in administrative role.
· Experience providing client services in an online environment.
· Experience working with health-related matters: Spinal cord, traumatic brain injury, CP, MS, Mobility disability a plus.
· Insurance coding, Medicare knowledge a strong advantage.
Skills and Competencies Required:
· Stellar interpersonal skills.
· Proven oral and written communication skills.
· Top-notch organizational and time management skills.
· Strong self-management skills.
· Ability to organize on-going incoming applications within predetermined timelines.
· Positive outlook, compassionate, and collaborative in style.
· Microsoft Office 365 proficiency; client database experience.
· Flexible office environment.
· Ability to work remote.
Northeast Resource Recovery Association
Epsom, New Hampshire
Great Old Broads for Wilderness