The California Pan-Ethnic Health Network (CPEHN) is seeking a full time Senior Community Advocacy Manager. CPEHN is a statewide health policy organization focused on addressing racial and ethnic health disparities. CPEHN works closely with communities of color across the state to elevate local voices and health issues to state and local policymakers and help communities of color advance policy change and structural reform that creates equitable conditions for their communities. This position may be based anywhere in California. CPEHN maintains physical offices in Oakland and Sacramento. CPEHN has a mandatory up-to-date COVID-19 vaccine policy.
The Senior Community Advocacy Manager is responsible for building and mobilizing culturally, ethnically, and regionally diverse coalitions to support CPEHN's health equity policy agenda. We are looking for someone who has expertise in community engagement and outreach or direct action organizing, project management, facilitation, and has a working knowledge of strategies to advance California's state-wide policy advocacy. Ideal candidates have passion for health equity, and can authentically build and maintain excellent relationships with diverse communities. This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned advocate or a community-organizer who is looking to evolve their skill-sets and to collaborate with a fantastic team of people to push for impactful policy change in California.
Key Job Duties:
· Develop and implement advocacy and campaign strategies within the coalition
· Identify and implement strategies to build, grow, and maintain network membership
· Build and maintain strong relationships with CPEHN partners
· Oversee the policy prioritization process for networks and support development of policy agendas
· Lead meetings with community partners in statewide advocacy spaces
· Provide trainings and mentorship for CPEHN’s advocacy managers on effective mobilization and community engagement tools and strategies as needed
· Ability to work with grassroots partners and coalitions and integrate their voice in advocacy efforts
· Excellent facilitator skills in planning in-person and virtual events and meetings
· Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can work independently with minimal supervision
· Familiarity with health policy in California
· Cultural humility and ability to understand issues impacting all communities of color
· Ability to work within and across teams, title tiers, and offices
· Ability to collaborate with others for collective impact
· At least 5 years of experience working in a community organizing or advocacy-related position, preferably at a nonprofit or community-based organization.
· At least 3 years of experience working on issues related to communities of color or working with communities of color.
Compensation and Benefits:
$78,000 - $80,000. Excellent benefits (100% employer paid health and dental insurance, retirement plan contributions, sabbatical leave, generous PTO with 1 week winter holiday every year, frontloaded sick leave, and more). CPEHN provides all employees with professional development funds to grow and hone skills relevant to their work.
At CPEHN we center equity at the heart of our culture, which can be seen in our hiring, salary transparency, and our commitment to the growth of our staff. We uplift a healthy work-life balance, which includes monthly “Slow Fridays” to encourage our team to take vacation.
Submit your application in a single PDF document to [email protected], subject: Senior Community Advocacy Manager Application. Please include:
· Cover letter
· 1 writing sample (no longer than 2 pages).
West Oakland Environmental Indicators Project
Greater Bakersfield Legal Assistance, Inc