Are you passionate about nature connection? Do you see the value of tending this relationship in young people? Are you ready to join a team of passionate, quirky, skilled nature enthusiasts dedicated to the wellbeing of the next generations? EverWild is seeking a new full time year round team member who can contribute their gifts to the ongoing expansion of our programs and grow with us! We can’t wait to meet you!
EverWild (est. 2016) is a 501-C Non-profit organization committed to engaging and mentoring children and families to develop a meaningful connection to the Earth. EverWild serves hundreds of children, Pre-K through teens, and adults with nature immersion classes, forest preschool and kindergarten, summer camps, overnight trips, and workshops across the greater Los Angeles area.
○ Topanga, Palisades, Culver City, Venice, Pasadena/Glendale, Thousand Oaks, Malibu, Santa Clarita.
● You are considerate and knowledgeable of EverWild’s growing diverse population of staff, families and attendees and are mindful of your communication, language, and actions and their impacts.
What the job looks like:
Your role includes all of the responsibilities listed below, organized by the months you are most likely to utilize them. The structure below helps to paint a picture of your year-round, full time position.
○ You will be training with the Program Manager on administrative tasks and field work. You will support the hiring process for summer mentors, receive administrative duties from the team, familiarize yourself with all our program policies and protocols, and travel to each of our locations to become familiar with our programs.
○ You will be reviewing, revising and editing the summer programs, policies, and communication with the admin team, collecting and aggregating data from the school year, communicating with summer staff, collecting and disseminating materials from the storage unit to mentors in the field, and supporting the leadership team in preparation for summer mentor training, and mandatory participation in the facilitation team for the summer training.
○ You will be on the summer camp leadership team, managing and supporting our in-the-field mentors and staff with questions, concerns, weather decisions and policies and protocols. You will work closely with the Program Manager on responding to emergencies and policies and protocols. You will answer programming questions from our families and will coordinate further family support calls with the Program Manager. You will oversee the use of the vans, car seats/boosters, and address maintenance issues. You will be familiar with the schedules of the summer mentors, address substitution needs and find substitutes, and also be on call as a substitute if no one is available.
● August to September: Transition to School Year
○ You will be collecting and aggregating data from the summer programs, assisting the admin team with programming, communication, and dissemination of school year information, collecting and disseminating materials to mentors from the storage unit, communicating with families and answering questions, and supporting the leadership team in preparation for the beginning of the school year training, mandatory participation in the facilitation team for the school year training
● September to May: EverWild ‘23-’24 School Programs
○ You will make sure our school year classes are fully staffed and address substitution needs, find substitutes, and be on call as a substitute if no one is available. You will be in communication with our team of mentors in the field, disseminating materials from our storage unit to the mentors, and staying informed and sharing information on weather, location conditions, and road and park closures. You’ll be working directly with the admin team on office responsibilities such as updating location lists and directions and what to pack lists. You will manage van usage and maintenance. Mandatory participation in all mentor trainings and mentor meetings throughout the school year.
● Year Round, Full Time Salary Position: $2500/month ○ Hours: 30/week, Maximum: 40/week
● Benefits include:
How to Apply:
● What relevant experience do you have?
Applications due by: March 10th, 2023 Interviewing Period: March 13th-23rd, 2023 Start Date: April 3rd, 2023
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.