UMCom has an immediate opening for a Development Officer. This critical role develops, designs, and implements a broad range of compelling philanthropic donor engagement activities that cultivate, nurture and inspire major and planned giving donors. The successful candidate will be able to develop prospects lists, identify endowments, provide leadership for donor stewardship, provide leadership and work closely with the UMCom Foundation members. This position is responsible for analytics and assessment of donor development tasks, donor gift tracking and ensure record keeping and provide guidance in the development of administrative procedures for effective donor record keeping and interactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or philanthropy or a related field and at least 5 years proven experience. A master’s degree or fundraising certification is preferred.
- . Proven ability to plan and execute fund-raising, strategic communications and engagement activities to major, planned giving and small donors using a variety of methods/platforms leading to demonstrated results. Experience in grant writing/management of writers.
- Exceptional writing, editing and verbal communication skills. Ability to use words and visuals to motivate and excite audiences.
- Proven capability in managing and delivering multiple projects on schedule with consistency of overall messaging and design.
- Collaborative relationship-builder and problem-solver who enjoys working on teams and with subject matter experts.
- Experience using and managing a CRM system preferred with demonstrated experience in tracking and reporting on key metrics.
· Comfortable with regular travel to develop relationship with prospects and donors. Knowledge of The United Methodist Church is required.
UMCom is an Equal Opportunity Employer