About Celebrate Fairfax, Inc.:
Celebrate Fairfax, Inc. (CFI), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is a staple in the Fairfax County community. Our purpose is to build a sense of community for those in and around Fairfax County. The organization brings people, businesses, and other entities together to create lasting impressions through numerous types of engagements. We strive to add measurable value for the community while celebrating the successes of our partners; our human-centric approach enables the delivery of a variety of experiences, and it helps us build lasting relationships in the community.
About the Position:
The Business Operations Manager is a detail-oriented individual responsible for the management and coordination of critical daily operations of the business and its various departments. This includes maintaining a robust filing system; reporting financial information to management; creating and updating policies and procedures in the best interest of the business, staff, and event patrons; and maintaining the workplace in compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations. A successful candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment while building effective relationships with other departments, vendors, and community partners. The Business Operations Manager will work with leadership to support the organization’s services and events.
• Manage high-trust financial processes including payroll reporting and financial summaries.
• Assist CEO in preparing reports, budgets, and financial statements.
• Manage human resource functions, including, the recruitment and hiring process, creating and maintaining employee records and files, and providing general support and assistance to organization personnel.
• Maintain the workplace in compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations.
• Review and renew organization contracts and insurance policies.
• Responsible for data management, including, updating CRM platform, managing the general email accounts and phone line by forwarding/replying as needed, updating office calendars, and circulating important information.
• Manage administrative tasks for monthly board of director meetings.
• Oversee inventory of office supplies and maintain appropriate stock of critical supplies.
• Manage space and scheduling requests by internal and external partners.
• Collaborate and support internal initiatives with event development and activations to increase community engagement, placemaking efforts, and strategic partnerships.
• Represent CFI at relevant operational activities, events, etc.
Required skills and experience include:
• BA or BS in business administration, management, or a related field.
• 6-8 years of progressive responsibility and related experience in professional administrative, or office management role. Non-profit organizations preferred.
• Strong organizational and administrative abilities, including significant experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Google products, QuickBooks, etc.
• Ability to read and analyze legal contracts and understand contractual obligations.
• Demonstrable ability to generate, analyze, and present financial reports.
• Proven accounting experience, and familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures.
• General knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and standards.
• Outstanding communication skills, including written, verbal, and interpersonal communication. Ability to properly represent and communicate for the business when directed.
• Ambitious nature and positive attitude.
• Passionate for community engagement, non-profit work, and events management.
• Familiarity with CFI’s events is a plus.
• Due to the physical rigors of the event work, the employee is expected to be able to lift 25 pounds or more and stand for long periods of time.
Salary and Benefits:
• Base Compensation
The salary range $50,000 – $70,000. The position salary is competitive to commensurate with experience.
The selected applicant will receive an amount equal to 10% of his/her salary to offset personally acquired health insurance or incurred medical expenses, used at the employee’s discretion.
Additional benefits include annual leave, sick leave, and contribution to a 403(b) after a 6-month probationary period.
• It is the policy of Celebrate Fairfax, Inc. to prohibit discrimination based on race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its employees.
• Please note that this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
• Celebrate Fairfax, Inc. is a vaccinated office, and we take precautions for our health and that of our event patrons.
How to Apply:
Email your resume, cover letter indicating where you learned about this opportunity to: [email protected]
A full job description may be found at http://celebratefairfax.org/contact/jobs-and-internship-openings.